We believe in the spiritual realm. The Bible is explicitly clear, that there are spiritual forces at war with God and those loyal to Him. You don’t have to get far in reading the scriptures to see it. In Genesis 3, Adam and Eve are deceived by a serpent. The father of lies and those who rebelled against God along with him, continue to assault, oppress, and attempt to thwart God’s plans and his people throughout the bible's pages. When things are awry is it physical or is it spiritual? The Bible at times intentionally blurs the lines between the physical world and the spiritual one to help us see there is an overlap. What if things are way more spiritual than we think? What is idolatry really? What does Timothy mean when he says “God did not give us a spirit of fear”? Join us as we begin to unpack spiritual warfare.
- Supernatural by Michael S. Heiser
- Supernatural, What the Bible Teaches about the Unseen World and Why it Matters presents this approach to reading and understanding scripture for the person in the pew. The Unseen Realm covers the same material but at a deeper, complex, and highly documented way, for pastors, the seminarian, or serious students of the Bible.
- The Unseen Realm by Michael S. Heiser
- The Bible Project- God Series
- specifically, episodes 1-5
- The Evangelical’s Guide to Spiritual Warfare by Charles H. Kraft
- Screwtape letters by C.S. Lewis
- Mountains & Valleys | Spiritual Warfare | Tory Mayo
Want To Submit an Icebreaker? Want Us to Talk About a Specific Topic?